Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Miss Raquel's Month In Review!

   Miss Raquel's February in Review




Robyn - Sound Academy, Toronto

Robyn's show at Toronto's Sound Academy was long past due, as her last scheduled gig was cancelled because of illness. She had a great stage presence talking to the audience. She belted out different medleys and arrangements of Body Talk remixes, and performed an acappella "Show Me Love" (1996) at the end.

I will say the crowd was really pushy, even more so than at raves or special events with international DJs. I found there were people trying to force their way deeper toward to the stage when there is no space whatsoever for them to get through.

Robyn is a bona fide dance artist, as she proved with this well-attended show.


Luv This City: Deko-ze and Jelo - Footwork Bar & Afterhours, Toronto

Aside from me being turned down by four cabs at the end of the night because I wasn't going in their direction, and me screaming on my cell to my boyfriend to listen to me as he spoke to other people on his end, the night was awesome!

There was also Jonathan Rosa (formerly Jon Jon) and Evan G on the bill. If you've been reading this column for a while now than you know I just love me a good Deko-ze and Jelo show. I mean there is no other duo who knows how to wreck a room like these two tomcats.

The place was rammed by 12:30 am, which I was thankful for because it proved the good job us hosts did in promoting the event, but that's how we roll.

This was one hair-flying (Jelo), bouncing (Deko-ze) event, which is always sure to please. It was an intense crazy techno rollercoaster ride. As Jelo would say it was "Awesomesauce!"


Houseaddict Presents: Jimpster - Footwork Bar & Afterhours, Toronto

I know what you may be thinking: here we go with another Footwork event, but what can I say? This venue pumps out events and talent like no other venue in Canada, seriously.

Jimpster was a slow start but by around 1:30 am it picked up. And what I love about Jimpster is his humble attitude - and of course deep beats, which he brought in full force along with irGO, Mike Gleeson and Dirty Dale.


Poppycock! On GayGuideToronto.com

I've interviewed many DJs and producers but interviewing Mr. Oakenfold was surreal. Watch my interview with Paul Oakenfold here.




UPCOMING EVENT:  Friday March 11

MARIO OCHOA / EVAN G / BASSLINE JACK
Hosted by: Miss Raquel

Dolce Social Ballroom, 647 King Street West, Toronto / 19+ / Dress code in full effect

GUESTLIST: $15 on Scenester's VIP guestlist text 416.839.8522 OR email guestlist@scenestermagazine.com




See you on the dancefloor!
Miss Raquel



No comments:

Post a Comment